Lemon is a nice oil to start with (similar to lavender) because you know what you're getting yourself into. Lemon essential oil smells like the lemons you buy at the store (or if you're lucky enough, grow in your backyard)! It's a great oil to diffuse (I like adding it to lime to make a lemon-lime soda smell - super refreshing). It's also used in a lot of my diy cleaning items, room sprays, and seasonal sniffles rollers (and good news, it's included in the premium starter kit!) Lemon can invigorate the mind and body by supporting the nervous system, supports proper nasal and respiratory functions, and is a fun replacement for lemon juice when cooking or baking (note: you only need a fraction of oil in place of lemon juice - remember, EOs are very concentrated so can be used sparingly).*
Usage + Recipes
Like I mentioned above, lemon is a great cleaning agent, refresher, and purifier. It's a great oil to diffuse to help rid a room of staleness. Below are items that I've made with Lemon. (If you choose to use lemon EO topically, be sure to dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil. Lemon EO, along with many other citrus oils photosensitive, meaning they can alter the appearance of your skin when exposed to sunlight or UV rays, including tanning beds.) The links redirect to some of my favorite, go-to blogs and websites where I find killer recipes.
- Room purifying spray
- Perfume roller (#10 - Awesome Day)
- Throat support spray
- Lemon Sugar Scrub
- Fill a jar with sugar to about 1/2 inch from top. Fill with a carrier oil of your choice and add 6-12 drops of Lemon. Stir thoroughly.
- Honey Lemon Throat Drops
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1-2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 20-30 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality EO
- Pour honey and apple cider vinegar into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow it to reach 300 degrees. Stir the whole time so it doesn’t stick. Once it reaches 300 degrees, remove from heat. After about a minute, add Lemon Oil and stir well. Have a greased cookie sheet and or cookie molds ready. Allow the honey mixture to cool just a bit until the honey is a little less runny. Use a big spoon, drop small amounts onto the cookie sheet to cover the tops of the sucker sticks and or into the candy molds. Allow them to cool at room temperature until they harden.
Interested in getting some Young Living Lemon Essential Oil for yourself (or someone you know)? Let me know and I'd be happy to add this oil to my next order (and give you a discount!) so you can try it out. Simply email me at email@example.com or comment below. Like I mentioned above, this oil is also included in Young Living's Premium Starter Kit which you can learn more about here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.