To be honest, Lavender oil wasn't my favorite when I got the kit. I've never been a huge fan of the smell. HOWEVER, the benefits of this oil are fantastic and because I've started using it more I don't mind the smell as much...dare I say I even like it?!? It's a versatile oil that is known for it's calming and relaxing effects (and good news, it's included in the premium starter kit!) I've used it in a number of sleep type recipes and diffuser combos. Lavender can be used for winding down and relaxing before bedtime, diffused to create a calming and comforting atmosphere and get rid of odors, and added to hair, body, and other beauty products.
Usage + Recipes
Lavender is my go to oil when I'm having trouble getting some zzzs. You know, those nights that even when you're SO TIRED you just can't turn your brain off? Yeah, I turn to my pal Lavender. It can be applied neat (no dilution with a carrier oil), but I would still suggest diluting it as it will make your oils last longer! Below are items that I've made with Lavender. The links redirect to some of my favorite, go-to blogs and websites where I find killer recipes.
- Sleepy time cream
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup whipped coconut oil, 5 to 10 drops each of Lavender, Cedarwood, and Peace & Calming
- After adding the EOs to the whipped coconut oil, mix for about 2 minutes
- Apply to feet and chest just before bed to help fall asleep and sleep more soundly
- Eyelash growth - simply add one drop of lavender to whatever mascara you use. I did this and a month later my lashes are insane. It's awesome.
- Post-workout cream
- Moodiness Relief: use 10ml roller; add 10 drops Clary Sage, 10 drops Lavender, fill with carrier oil and roll on back of neck and forearms to ease monthly moodiness ;)
Interested in getting some Young Living Lavender Essential Oil for yourself (or someone you know)? Let me know and I'd be happy to add this oil to my next order (and give you a discount!) so you can try it out. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. Like I mentioned above, this oil is also included in Young Living's Premium Starter Kit which you can learn more about here.