Peppermint oil is one of the most versatile oils that I have (and good news, it's included in the premium starter kit!) It was the first oil that I had to replenish from my starter kit because I use it FOR EVERYTHING. It supports healthy digestive function, promotes focus and clarity by supporting the nervous system, helps alleviate nausea and occasional gas, encourages proper respiratory function, supports joint and cartilage function, can suppress appetite, may relieve occasional heartburn, and may support exercise performance to help you have a great workout.*
Usage + Recipes
Peppermint is my go to oil when my tummy is angry, my head is going to explode, or when I'm feeling anxious. If using it as a single oil, it should always be diluted 50/50 with a carrier oil. Below are items that I've made with Peppermint. The links redirect to some of my favorite, go-to blogs and websites where I find killer recipes.
- Lip balm
- Post-workout cream
- Perfume roller (#10 - Awesome Day)
- Joint Support Cream
- Ingredients: 1 cup coconut oil, softened and whipped. 10 drops each of Valor, PanAway, and Peppermint.
- Add EOs to whipped coconut oil and mix/whip for two minutes.
- Apply to joints to maintain proper mobility and function.
- Soothing Foot Scrub
- Mix together 1 cup Epsom Salt, 1/4 cup Olive or Almond Oil, 1 tsp Liquid Castile Soap, 10 drops total of Essential Oils (Peppermint + your favorite Citrus Oil)
- "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" Relief
- Add the following to a 10ml roller bottle: 15 drops Lavender, 10 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Clary Sage, 3 drops PanAway, top with favorite carrier oil
- Roll on abdomen
Interested in getting some Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil for yourself (or someone you know)? Let me know and I'd be happy to add this oil to my next order (and give you a discount!) so you can try it out. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. Like I mentioned above, this oil is also included in Young Living's Premium Starter Kit which you can learn more about here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.